Custom Cast Iron Housing for a Municipal Drainage System
For heavy duty applications like municipal drainage systems, cast iron is the most efficient material to provide long-lasting and consistent parts. This BWV housing was needed for a system in Michigan City, Indiana and was a standard casting project for us.
Made from automotive gray cast iron per SAE G25000 - G3000, the casting utilized our Hunter 10-C, 14" X 19" flask, automated molding machine using green sand molds. We applied an oil sand core process as well as shot blasting and grinding. Each housing weighed 5.02 lb. We currently produce 175 of these components annually (25 per release) with lead times of 4 weeks. Quality assurance was accomplished with final inspections, Brinell hardness testing, and visual inspections.
At Warsaw Foundry, we are capable of producing all types of castings no matter how complicated. Please see the table below for an outline of this cast iron housing project or contact us to learn more.
Highlights of this Custom Cast Iron Housing Municipal Drainage System Project
- Product Description
- This BWV Housing is used on municipal drainage systems
- Casting Capabilities Applied/Processes
Green Sand Molded
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Hunter 10-C; (14X19 flask)
- Oil sand core process
- Casting Weight
- 5.02 pounds
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 1/32"
- Material Used
- Automotive Gray Cast Iron per SAE G25000 - G3000
- Material Finish
- Color: Cast Gray
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Final Inspection, Brinell Hardness Testing, Visual Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Municipal drainage
- 175 annually (25 pc releases)
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 4 weeks typical
- Delivery Location
- Michigan City, Indiana
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications as per drawings
- Product Name
- BWV Housing