Custom Cast Iron Manifold for the Water Jacketed Industry
Warsaw Foundry Company was recently approached by a client in the marine industry, who was in need of a cast iron water jacketed manifold. This product was designed for use on a boat's exhaust system and featured a very complex core assembly. The 46.9 lb. casting is composed automotive gray cast iron per SAE G3000; and produced on a Hunter 20-C automated molding machine with 20' x 24" flask and our U-180 and U-300 core machines. This project required the use of green sand molds, the cast parts were then shot blasted and ground to tolerances of +.045"/-.015". All parts were subject to final and visual inspections, as well as Brinell hardness testing, we currently cast 1,000 of these manifolds for this customer annually, with lead times of 4 weeks. As a leader in delivering high-quality gray iron castings, we consistently exceed our customer's expectations. Please contact us for more information about our casting services and this cast iron manifold project.
Highlights of this Custom Cast Iron Manifold Project
- Product Description
- This Water Jacketed Manifold is used on a Boat's Exhaust System.
- Casting Capabilities Applied/Processes
Green Sand Molded
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Hunter 20-C; (flask 20x24)
- U-180 Core machine (shell core)
- U-300 Core Machine (shell core)
- Casting Weight
- 46.9 pounds
- Tightest Tolerances
- + 0.045" / - 0.015"
- Material Used
- Automotive Gray Cast Iron per SAE G3000
- Material Finish
- Color: Cast Gray
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Final Inspection , Visual Inspection, Brinell Hardness Testing
- Industry for Use
- Marine Industry
- 1,000 annually
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 4-5 weeks typical due to cored assembly
- Delivery Location
- Natural Bridge Station, Virginia
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications as per drawings.
- Product Name
- Water Jacketed Manifold