Custom Cast Iron Water Jacket Header (Riser)
Our extensive experience with difficult casting jobs is what sets Warsaw Foundry Company above other casting providers. This is why this marine industry client contracted us to produce this complex casting. Designed for use as a water jacket header (riser) in a boat engine application, it required the assembly of complex cores and tight tolerances.
This product required the use of our Hunter 10-C automated molding machine with a 14" x 19" flask and our Dependable 200 core machine. The molds were made from green sand and the water jacket header was cast from automotive gray cast iron per SAE G3000.
After casting, the water jackets were shot blasting and ground per the customer supplied specifications. Weighing 19.73 lbs., we maintained the required tolerances to ±.030". Quality assurance was certified with final inspection, visual inspection, and Brinell hardness testing. Typical turnaround time was 4-5 weeks for cored assemblies; we currently produce 500 pieces 2 to 3 times a year for this client.
To learn more about this water jacket header for the marine industry project, please see the table below or contact us for additional information.
Highlights of this Custom Cast Iron Water Jacket Header Project
- Product Description
- This water jacket header issued as a riser in a boat engine.
- Green Sand Molding Capabilities Applied/Processes
Green Sand Molded
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Hunter 10-C; (14x19 flask)
- Dependable 200 core machine
- Casting Weight
- 19.73 pounds
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.030"
- Material Used
- Automotive Gray Cast Iron per SAE G3000
- Material Finish
- Color: Cast Gray
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Final Inspection,, Visual Inspection, Brinell Hardness Testing
- Industry for Use
- Marine Industry
- 500 pc release, 2-3 times annually
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 4-5 weeks typically on cored assembly
- Delivery Location
- Natural Bridge Station, Virginia
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications as per drawing
- Product Name
- Water Jacket Header (Riser)