Precision Gray Iron Casting of an Air Compressor Cylinder Head
A manufacturer of air compressor came to us for the casting of a cylinder head that would be part of an air compressor assembly. With our diversified equipment, we were able to easily accommodate the specifications supplied to us by the client.
Utilizing our Hunter 20-C 20"x24" flask automated molding machine, Dependable 200 and Dependable 100 shell cores, we created a green sand mold and cast the cylinder head using automotive gray cast iron per SAE G3000. After molding the piece was shot blasted and ground to smooth out any rough edges. We performed quality checks including final inspection, Brinell hardness testing, and visual inspections. This cylinder head weighed 44.5 lbs. and met tolerances of ±1/32". We currently cast 100-200 of these cylinder heads annually, with 4 to 5 week lead times.
Warsaw Foundry has almost 90 years of experience in casting knowledge and customer satisfaction. Please see the outline below for complete details of this cast iron cylinder head project. To learn more about our services, please contact us today.
Highlights of this Precision Cast Iron Cylinder Head Project
- Product Description
- This Cylinder Head is used in an air compressor assembly.
- Precision Gray Iron Casting Capabilities Applied/Processes
Green Sand Molded
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Hunter 20-C (20x24 flask)
- Dependable 200 (shell core)
- Dependable 100 (shell core)
- Casting Weight
- 44.5 pounds
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 1/32"
- Material Used
- Automotive Gray Cast Iron per SAE G3000
- Material Finish
- Color: Cast Gray
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Final Inspection, Brinell Hardness Testing, Visual Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Air Compressor Industry
- 100-200 annually
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 4-5 weeks typically based on core assembly
- Delivery Location
- Saint Johns, Michigan
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications as per supplied drawing
- Product Name
- Cylinder Head